These days, it is easier than ever to make money by selling goods on ebay. The tried-and-tested online marketplace is a hustling, bustling place, with items ranging from the functional to the downright strange. While many of us buy from ebay, we’re not as likely to set up shop. Why? Because it seems like a chore, and despite our best intentions the idea of becoming a ‘seller’ seems difficult. Not so. Not only can you make a nice wad of money on ebay, you can also help declutter your home and streamline the items you do/don’t use.
Start Small and Gain Reputation
Ebay feedback works both ways; you get reviews for buying, as well as selling. Get acquainted with it by buying things online for a few weeks. It doesn’t have to much, and you don’t need to purchase anything you wouldn’t at the shops. Ebay sells all kind of household items: from washing up liquid and bin bags to baby nappies, non-perishables and toothpaste. Do your usual shop there, and you’ll bring in positive reviews from sellers.
Reputation Gained, Start Selling
Now that you’ve received a few reviews, buyers will trust you and be more likely to buy your goods. Here’s the part where you decide what to sell. You don’t have to be an entrepreneur to find a good product. Like removals, it’s all about good packaging. Group your items into ‘bundles’ to attract a different kind of seller - collectors, those moving house, or people making bulk purchases to save money. Such items include:
- Old CDs - sell 4 in an ‘artist’ bundle or group them by genre to make enticing deals
- Clothes - sell individually, or bundle them together as complete outfits
- Video Games - retro games and consoles are much sought after by the community. People often buy ‘complete sets’ such as a PS1, controller and selection of games.
- Films/DVDs - again, individually wrapped items can be a chore, but sell them as a boxed collections and people will jump to it.
- Old furniture - don't be detracted by the size; it's easy to arrange large item delivery with a man and van!
So there you have it - sell in bulk and prosper. It’s much easier than painstakingly wrapping each item, and makes for a more creative purchase that buyers cannot shop around for. What’s more, you’ll be thankful for the extra space in your home!