Ripley may be a haven of peace and tranquillity with easy access to The Yorkshire Dales National Park, but with Harrogate within 5 miles and Leeds within 20, there’s a lot of excitement, activity, and shopping right on the doorstep too! Little wonder really then that Ripley was ranked the best out of 42 villages in research reported by Countrylife Magazine.
Over the many years that we’ve been operating across Yorkshire and within the HG3 area, we’ve built up an enviable list of services for residential and business customers alike:
- Store collections (John Lewis, Homebase, Hughes, IKEA etc)
- House clearances (large, small and internal)
- eBay pick-ups and delivery
- Furniture dismantling and assembly
- Discreet removals for times when sensitivity is of key importance
- ‘You Load’ van hire with professional driver
- Single item pick-up and delivery
- Sofa and furniture delivery
- Rubbish removals (including carpets, scrap metal, plastic, mattresses, white goods, glass, and garden waste)
This is by no means an exhaustive list, if you can’t see exactly what you’re looking for, head over to our services page for more options. If you’re still unable to find something that suits your task, why not give us a call and see if we can help you to find a solution?
Ripley...where to begin!
What springs to mind when you hear the name Ripley? Ice cream perhaps, or maybe it’s the grandeur of Ripley Castle? Now, we’re never going to turn our noses up at the rightly famous ice cream, especially the creamy vanilla dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with nuts, but for us, the residents of the village are what makes working here such a pleasure!
Speaking of residents, the Ingilby family have managed the Ripley estate for over 700 years, after coming to prominence when Sir Thomas Ingilby was knighted in 1355 for saving King Edward III’s life from a rampaging boar. Fast forward a few hundred years and the family were held in slightly less high esteem when it was found that nine of the eleven known conspirators of the gunpowder plot were relatives or close associates of the family!
Thankfully, the village has survived the turbulent times, which means we get to help the fine people of Ripley with their removal and transport needs.
Expert house removals in Ripley
With a well-regarded nursery and primary school in the village, plus close proximity to some of Yorkshire’s best schools, there’s little wonder that demand for family homes is just a fact of life in Ripley. With that demand comes a price-tag to match, but rest assured, you’ll find our removals prices are as competitive as they come!
Whether you’re moving to or from a detached house in Back Lane, or a terrace in Main Street, we’re dedicated to:
- Keeping our costs crystal-clear - we simply don’t do hidden fees or sneaky extra costs. What we say is what you pay
- Keeping in touch - we’ll make contact on the day of your move to make sure you’re good to go. In the meantime, if you have questions for us, we’re always happy to hear from you
- Keeping fuel use down - we take the time to work out the most fuel-efficient route possible, making it better for you and for the environment
- Providing professionals - all of our uniformed staff are well trained, friendly, efficient, and strong!
- Keeping to time - once we’ve agreed on a time, you can set your watch by us!
- Being here when you need us - life isn’t 9 - 5 for our customers, which means we aren’t either. We’re available 24/7, including weekends and bank holidays
Ripley - the twice-reborn village
Did you know that Ripley started out as a settlement further south on the banks of the River Nidd but was relocated to its present location in the 14th century by the Ingilby family? It was these same landowners who, after falling for the charms of a village in Alsace-Lorraine, decided to tear down the thatched cottages of their own estate to completely rebuild it in a French style in the 1830s!
Our teams operate with the greatest of professionalism, ensuring that every item they handle is treated with the care and attention it deserves and you demand. Even so, sometimes things can, in extremely rare circumstances, not go completely to plan, that’s why we include full public liability and goods in transport insurance as standard for all of our jobs - just one of the ways we work to deliver you peace of mind, every time.
Please note that although we're based in York, all our services are offered nationwide - including Ripley. It doesn't matter what you're moving, or where you're moving to and from - we have it covered with our highly rated, flexible service.
Go back and view all our Coverage Locations.