It’s always great to hear we’ve been booked for a job in the village, not only because of the lovely community feel and getting to meet new people (and quite often familiar faces too) but there’s always a buzz about the place, especially on market days. Over the years we’ve had the pleasure of helping Hovingham residents with house removals, local businesses with bespoke services, and students take that first step to independence as we move their belongings to university in York, Leeds or even further afield.
Often referred to as the ‘gateway to the Howardian Hills’, the estate village of Hovingham sits within an area of outstanding natural beauty around 17 miles north of our base in York. With over 50 listed buildings in the village, beautiful countryside on the doorstep and great services including a GP’s surgery, pubs, and an amazing village store, it’s little wonder that we find residents and visitors love it as much as we do!
Making a home in Hovingham?
If you’ve fallen under the spell of Hovingham’s Downton Abbey-esque village feel (we certainly have) and you’re looking to set up home in the area, be it a townhouse in Park Street, or a new build in Main Street, our dedicated team of moving professionals can make sure your big day goes ahead without a hitch. With years of experience in the YO62 area, we’d certainly class ourselves as local experts, that’s not to say our skills stop at the county border though - if you’re moving to or from Hovingham from anywhere across the country, we’re the company for you.
If you’d like to find out more, we’d be delighted to hear from you - we offer every customer a hassle-free quote to make the process as quick and easy as possible. You can give us a call on 01904 390 906 or get in touch through the form on our website.
Why choose us for your Hovingham house move?
- We take timekeeping seriously - you won’t find yourself waiting around or chasing up no-shows
- We take pride in our work - our professional, uniformed staff provide a reliable, efficient service
- We move you safely - insurance is included as standard and our teams are trained in the careful handling and moving of goods using ratchet straps and transit blankets
- We move you smartly - our fleet of GPS equipped vans help us to plan the most efficient routes saving on fuel and costs
- We move you where you want - locally, within North Yorkshire or even nationally or internationally
- We move you when you want - 24/7 including weekends and bank holidays
- We communicate - we’ll give you a call on the day of your move to check that everything is okay. In the lead-up to the day we’re just a phone call or email away if you have any questions for us
- We’re flexible - every customer’s needs are different and that’s why we offer tailored solutions alongside tailored quotes
How else can we help Hovingham’s residents?
Our expertise extends well beyond house removals. Thanks to years of developing alongside the needs of our customers, we’re able to offer a suite of transportation, delivery, and pick-up options for the fine people of Hovingham to choose from, including:
- House clearances
- Furniture dismantling and assembly
- Nursing and care home removals
- Single item pick-up and delivery
- Office and business removals
- Sofa and furniture delivery
- eBay order collection and delivery
- Furniture and white goods delivery from big-name stores e.g. John Lewis, Hughes, and many more
- ‘You Load’ van and driver hire
Hovingham’s village website is a treasure trove of business listings, events, history and more - find it here.
Pricing and quotes
We often find that residents in the Hovingham area are surprised by just how affordable our services are when receiving their no-obligation quote, especially when measured against self-hire that can, at first glance, appear the more affordable option. That’s because we:
- Tailor quotes to your exact requirements
- Include public liability and goods in transport insurance as standard
- Don’t make you pay any distance surcharges
- Provide experienced and efficient drivers and removal experts
Our prices are always competitive but if you’re a student, key worker, or member of the armed forces you could benefit from a 10% discount on regular delivery charges as well.
Planning an event at Hovingham village hall?
With space for over a hundred seats, a modern kitchen, superfast broadband, separate meeting room and plenty of parking, Hovingham’s village hall is a great place for an event, whether that’s a special birthday celebration or an evening of mystery and magic! If you need assistance transporting items to and from the hall, be it musical equipment, props, or furniture, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
How do our customers rate us?
We’re proud of the fact that ‘efficient’, ‘value’ and ‘polite’ are some of the most common words used by our customers when giving their honest feedback via Google Reviews. Customer care is key to how we operate, and we’d encourage anyone to take a few minutes to read our reviews to see what those in the know have got to say about us!
Please note that although we're based in York, all our services are offered nationwide - including Hovingham. It doesn't matter what you're moving, or where you're moving to and from - we have it covered with our highly rated, flexible service.
Go back and view all our Coverage Locations.