House removal specialists in Thorne
Thorne’s list of transport options is an enviable one for a town of any size, with two train stations, easy access to two major motorways, and four bus services meaning the bright lights of Doncaster, York and Leeds are never too far away. Add to this good schools, great local services and a network of walking and cycle routes and it’s easy to see why demand for our house removal services has increased so much over the years. We’re experts in moving people to and from a whole host of residential settings, so whether you’ve bought your first terraced house in Pashley Road, or you’re moving out of a flat in Lakeside Mews to a detached house in St. Michaels Close, we’re the smart choice for a stress-free, affordable move.
We’ve got fantastic working knowledge of the local area thanks to our exceptional team, but we’re also happy to work well beyond the borders of Yorkshire, even internationally if our customers require it!
Thorne might only be 10 miles or so from Doncaster, but making the journey along the A18 past flat, open fields beneath the dramatic skies feels almost like travelling to another country. Factor in old windmills, a canal, and a history of Dutch-inspired land drainage and it’s little wonder this busy town is often referred to as ‘Little Holland’.
We’re usually kept nice and busy helping local residents and business owners with a whole host of transport solutions, but when we do have a minute or two to ourselves, you can often find us grabbing a quick sandwich and a flask of tea in the Community Woods. That or a slice of cake and a coffee in one of the many lovely establishments around Finkle Street!
With plenty of years under our belts helping residents of the DN7 area with their every need, we’re confident that we can do the same for you. From large jobs like home and office removals, to the picking up or delivery of a single item.
With the Stainforth & Keady Canal flowing through the town, opening up routes to Doncaster, Goole, Leeds, Selby and York, enjoying some well-earned rest and relaxation on the water is a popular pastime for residents and visitors alike. If you need something large or bulky delivered to your own boat, or you’ve been splashing out on lots of new equipment at the Staniland Marina chandlery shop, we’ve got the services to pick up and drop off what you need, where you need it.
Delivering solutions to Thorne’s finest
Working across Thorne’s residential and business communities means we’re in a fantastic position to meet as many of the town’s fine folk as possible! From helping new business owners move in to their first shop in the town centre and supporting local bands make their slot at the Waterside Festival, to delivering a new patio set that was just too big for the car. We’re happy to offer:
- Office removals
- Emergency stock delivery for businesses
- Courier services
- House clearances (including garden waste, white goods, carpets and mattresses)
- Single item pick-up and delivery
- ‘You Load’ van and driver hire
- Sofa and furniture delivery
- Music equipment, exhibition, and prop transportation
- eBay order collection and delivery
- Furniture and white goods delivery from big-name stores e.g. John Lewis, IKEA, Hughes Electrical, and Homebase
Why choose 1 Van 1 Man?
Time is precious so forget the rest and book the best!
- We communicate - we are always available should you have any questions ahead of your house move, we’ll also call on the day, just to make sure everything is going as planned
- We keep our prices simple - you won’t experience any last-minute additional charges or hidden fees on the price we quote
- We’re here when you need us - that means 24/7 availability, including at weekends and on bank holidays
- We move you safely - we include full public liability and goods in transport insurance as standard. In addition, our highly trained team make full use of ratchet straps and travel blankets to make sure your treasured possessions are as safe as possible
- We’re flexible - we treat every customer and every job as an individual, that’s why our quotes and solutions are tailored to your exact requirements
- We hire the best - we’ve got pretty exacting standards and that’s mirrored in each one of our professional, uniformed and fully capable team members
- We keep to time - say goodbye to missed deadlines and chasing no-shows, you can set your watch by us!
We’re always happy to hear from potential customers, why not get in touch today for your free no-obligation quote? You can reach us via telephone on 01904 390 906, or through our online form.
Student Removal Specialists in Thorne
Taking that first major step towards independence as an undergraduate student is a big moment for anyone and leaving home for the first time can be a daunting experience, it doesn’t matter if that’s 30 miles away at Sheffield Hallam, 40 miles away at the University of York, or 150 miles away at the University of East Anglia in Norwich. With so much on your mind already, why not make sure moving stress isn’t one of them and employ a team of removal specialists to get your home comforts to your new digs safely, efficiently and with the minimum of fuss?
We find that we’re often called upon at the end of term as well to move students back home to Thorne, whether that’s just for the summer or longer-term after graduating.
Need an extra sweetener? We even offer student discount!
Please note that although we're based in York, all our services are offered nationwide - including Thorne. It doesn't matter what you're moving, or where you're moving to and from - we have it covered with our highly rated, flexible service.
Go back and view all our Coverage Locations.